Introducing a new ILLUUM series: The Quick In & Out. It’s a snapshot of a superfood that can nourish us inside and out, complete with easy DIY recipes to reap the benefits both ways.
The Quick In & Out: Chlorella
What it is:
A green freshwater algae that’s most commonly used in powder form
Why it’s good for you:
- Contains the highest amount of chlorophyll of any plant (which helps our blood and intestines detox, heals the skin, reduces inflammation, eliminates fungus and bad bacteria, stimulates the immune system, boosts energy, and maybe even helps prevent and treat cancer)
- Full of beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein (antioxidants that support skin and eye health)
- Abundant in Vitamins B, C, D, E, and K (coincidentally, all the ones you need for healthy skin)
- Rich in minerals phosphorous, calcium, zinc, magnesium and iron
- Contains more protein per ounce than steak
- Supports healthy hormone function
- Helps the body get rid of toxins
- Can potentially ease the symptoms of PMS
How to use (IN):
Chlorella Morning Tonic
Mix ingredients together (this frother will help/change your life) and drink, preferably first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. WARNING: It tastes a little seaweed-y but is so worth it.
How to use (OUT):
Moisturizing Acne-Killing Chlorella Face Mask
Mix ingredients in a bowl until they reach a paste-like consistency. Brush onto skin and let set for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water (and pat dry with a towel you don’t care about staining green).
Where to buy:
That’s it! Did you like this quick and dirty content? Let us know in the comments section or send us a DM on Instagram.