How To Make Your Own “Moon Water” Under The Full Moon
For the full moon on March 1st, I’m going full-on witch doctor: I’m harnessing the magic of the moon to make Moon Water.
What is Moon Water? Good question, you totally normal person who has never heard of such a thing. Moon Water is water that has been charged under the light of the moon. People have been making Moon Water for centuries to use in potions and spells, to tend to herb gardens, and even to drink. When I heard about this ritual a few months ago, though, the only thing I could think is, What would Moon Water would do for my skin?
So on this full moon, I’m going to brew up a batch of magic Moon Water to exclusively wash my face with (and maybe drink) for the next week. I mean, it can’t hurt, right?
Want to join me in my March Moon Water madness? Here’s how:
- A glass jar, bowl, or container
- A cover for the container
- Any crystals, candles, or talismans that you may want to use for your ritual
What to do:
- Fill your glass container with water and cover it. You probably want to use filtered or spring water for this, but I think tap is just fine, too.
- Place your container outside, where the light of the moon will hit it. If you don’t have an outdoor space for this, a windowsill will do.
- Arrange any crystals, candles, or talismans you have around the container, and light some sage or palo santo.
- Then, stand over your container (or hold it in your hands) and focus on an intention while visualizing the water collecting the energy of the moon. Your intention could be anything from, May this water fill me with the energy and light of the moon to May this moon water keep my ever-present whiteheads at bay.
- Leave your container of water to charge under the light of the moon.
- When you collect it in the morning, focus on your intention one last time before bringing your Moon Water inside.
Now that you have a ~magical~ batch of Moon Water at your disposal, there are a few ways you can use it:
- Wash your face with it. I’m going to conduct an experiment and wash my face using Moon Water instead of sink water for the next week or so and see what happens.
- Drink it. Take a sip of Moon Water every morning and focus on your intention as you do. This is extra-powerful if you ration out your Moon Water to last the full 28 days until the next Full Moon!
- Use it to water your plants. If you have a garden or house plants, use your Moon Water to show them some love and see how they grow.
- Create your own beauty products. I usually mix a few drops of tea tree oil into a spray bottle of water and use that as my toner every morning. This month, I’ll mix tea tree in with Moon Water to give it a lil’ extra oomph.